Alex O’Loughlin plays Steve McGarrett on the re-make of Hawaii Five-O. I was so happy when he got this series because I missed watching him in Moonlight where he played vampire Mick St. John.( I would like to point out here that he’s a lot like my hero Russ in Love By Design – he’s HOT, Australian, and has ADHD )
Anyway, I’m enjoying Hawaii Five-O – however Alex could lose the shirt a little more often. Oh sure they try to work it in but us ladies want more! So I’ve come up with the Top 10 Plot Devices to Get Alex O’Loughlin to Shed the Shirt.
Alex plays Steve McGarrett so he will be referred to as Steve in the Top 10
10. Steve goes undercover at a male strip joint.
9. A waitress spills a tray full of drinks on him. (I guest star as the sassy waitress.)
8. They are investigating a crime scene at the beach, a woman is drowning and Steve being the former Navy Seal rushes in to save her. (I guest star as the drowning woman.)
Mouth to mouth ensues. 🙂
7. That darn global warming causes a heat wave to hit Hawaii. Off goes his shirt.
6. Steve must dive to a wreck at the bottom of the ocean to uncover evidence (I guest star as a mermaid?)
5. Steve and Dano bet who could beat who in a one-on-one basketball game. Off goes Steve’s shirt.
4. A bullet grazes his shoulder and it needs to be stitched up. (I guest star as the naughty nurse.)
3. Steve is chasing the bad guys by a volcano – a spark from the lava hits his shirt and he has to take it off before it catches on fire – sweat begins to….oh, sorry.
2. Camera pans to his bedroom – he’s sleeping and wakes upon hearing a noise. He gets up to investigate. (I guest star as the woman in his bed? – no more likely the stalker who broke in.)
And the number one plot device to get Alex O’Loughlin’s to shed the shirt?
1. Ummm…do we really need a reason? Just take it off, McGarrett. No female will notice if it doesn’t advance the plot.